MLT Ministries

"Loving our neighbors like ourselves"

Testimonies And prayer

Forum Home > Share Your Life's Testimony > Michael's Testimony

Michael Gallegos

Let's see.... How and where to start... First off Our Lord is Good!!!  I was once told that the Lord intended our eyes to be in front so we'd never have to look back. 

Its very hard for me to describe what and how I feel, and to put it all in words. So here it goes.

I am 23 yrs of age born in Den. Co.. As a child the Lord blessed me with a great family, one that took care of and loved one another even through the worst. I was not born with a silver spoon like most of us arent. And I am no differnt than the next man. As a child my family was poor. Rich in Love, but finacialy we were poor. So poor in fact that we lived from motel to motel, and when we couldnt afford that we lived in my parents van.

At the age of 4 yrs old my father told me that I had to be a man. By that he ment to always take care of my lil bro, big sis, and my mom in any way possible. So worried about how we'd get are next meal, or where we'd live from moment to moment that my whole child hood slipped away. Believe me when I say no child should ever have to face the giants that I've faced.

I remember once staying in a trailer with no heat, it was so cold the milk in my little brothers bottle froze....

Please dont feel sorry for my life. For there is somthing to be happy about, the Lord was with me always. So many other mountains we climed, obsticals we've faced but my words run short  and its hard to describe the Lords blessings in my life.

I remember when I was young, I never had a place to call home. We lived day by day with little to eat. I new that I had to be the man in the house. But what house was there?.., So I prayed.. That one day the Lord would bless me with a place to call my own. My own house.  A house to take care of my family.....

And here I am. A 23 yr old man of God, my own house, a good job and a strong family...

I want to give all the glory to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Thank you Lord for saving my life and also blessing it.

July 12, 2009 at 3:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vanessa.hunt09@gmail.com

God is good Brother Mike! So wonderful to see you so positive and full of hope when many people who have faced that are bitter and have lost all hope. God bless!

--

~Jesus is My Savior~

“I asked God for strength that I might achieve. I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey. I asked for health that I might do greater things. I was given infirmity that I might do better things. I asked for riches that I might be happy. I was given poverty that I might be wise. I asked for power that I might have the praise of men. I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God. I asked for all things that I might enjoy life. I was given life that I might enjoy all things. I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I hoped for. Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered. I am, among all men, most richly blessed.”

January 4, 2010 at 3:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.