MLT Ministries

"Loving our neighbors like ourselves"

Testimonies And prayer

Forum Home > Share Your Life's Testimony > Anthony Apodaca's testimony

Anthony Apodaca

I was raised up by parents that wanted the best for us.  They didn't do drugs and drank only on occasion.  We went to church, but I always thought church was boring, and didn't understand too much of it.  I got into a lifestyle of drugs and partying.  I barely graduated high school and went on to college. 

I met a girl soon after and ended up getting her pregnant.  I quit college and went to work, and still partying.  She wasn't able to remain faithful to me and we spent the next few years in and out of the relationship.  During that time I drank to the point that I attempted suicide.  I was in a coma for three days and finally came around after a couple of weeks.  We ended up getting back together, and she was pregnant again.  We were about to get married and move to another state.  Her father had a successful restaurant, and bought us a house.  I went to check things out and noticed she was cheating again.  I never went back to her.

I spent the next several years drinking, druging, and even selling drugs.  I eventually met the woman that is now my wife, in January 1993.  We partied together and never left each other.  She had three children, and had been divorced twice.  I didn't think we would ever stay together very long.  After two and a half years together we finally got married.  We were still partying, only a lot more intense.  I was living high on the hog.  I had a house, four cars, and our own business, as well as selling drugs.  Made a lot of money but now started doing more drugs. 

Little by little I started losing things.  First we lost the business, but that was okay because was still selling drugs.  Then lost a couple of cars, then the house, and then the last of the cars.  We lost most of our stuff we had stored up in a van. 

We ended up living in raunchy motels, and we were homeless.  Not to mention now we had an expensive drug habit.  So, I got a job, and my boss just so happened to be a drug supplier.  The enemy had me right in his sights. 

We ended up doing more drugs, and one day, as we were getting high, I had enough of this no where lifestyle, and called out in prayer to God.  I said, "God, I need You to take this lifestyle away from me, or take me out of this life."  Then went back to smoking some rock, but this time I was trying to over dose.  I was gonna help God out.  Two weeks later I got pulled over, and I had just scored some more drugs.  Well I got busted for possession, and eventually went to prison to finish my sentence.  I was originally sentenced to probation, but couldn't stay off drugs. 

It was my time in prison where I finally accepted the Lord for real.  I have stumbled now and then, in one way or another, but God has been by my side the whole way.  I ask for forgiveness, and He is faithful and just and forgives me of all my sins, and purifies me from all unrighteousness.

November 24, 2009 at 12:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Joe Hunt
Site Owner

Amen. Amen. God Bless you brother. It brings my heart much joy to see that the Lord saved your life and soul. Much love my brother.

--

Peace through Christ and God Bless.

November 24, 2009 at 7:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

preston

amen to you brother, im glad the lord had something in store for you.. it may not look like much but you doing the time for your crime, and with that the lord is cleansing your soul and making you better.

December 20, 2009 at 6:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vanessa.hunt09@gmail.com

That is a very powerful testimony! I am so moved by the way God has worked in your life! Thank you for sharing it with us :)

--

~Jesus is My Savior~

“I asked God for strength that I might achieve. I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey. I asked for health that I might do greater things. I was given infirmity that I might do better things. I asked for riches that I might be happy. I was given poverty that I might be wise. I asked for power that I might have the praise of men. I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God. I asked for all things that I might enjoy life. I was given life that I might enjoy all things. I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I hoped for. Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered. I am, among all men, most richly blessed.”

January 4, 2010 at 3:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.